You need to know some details about calamitous and aberrant software patents:
- You can read some dedicated web pages in particular these ones :
- FFII twitter
- FFII press releases
- FFII planet
- FFII calendar
- Fighting Software Patents - Singly and Together - by Richard Stallman
- Stop Software Patents petition
- Document Freedom Day (DFD) is a global day for document liberation. It will be a day of grassroots effort to educate the public about the importance of Open Document Formats and Open Standards in general.
- Petition demands effective ban of software patents in Europe
- National Chapters
- A short Introduction
- Why software patents are trivial
- A bunch of key Campaigns
- The FFII newsletter
- The FFII web shop
- How to help
- Join the FFII today
- You can subscribe to some (at least two or three) mailing lists dedicated to software patents issues
- How to Get in Touch
- You can browse dedicated FFII sites such as :
- You can use Google Alerts to be aware about software patents trends.
- But never forget these evidences :
The European Patent Office finances itself with fees from the patents which it grants
People who write software (the right holder) are known as "authors" not "Inventors"
- If you want to learn more, become a member of FFII is certainly a very good idea member application
- We hope you enjoy visiting this site and you join soon our active community of nosoftwarepatents enthusiasts where you can share tips and ideas.
Compatibility is achieved when products can work together
Interoperability is achieved when one knows why and how products can work together
- InterOp Working Group AFUL 2007